Flight Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Dresden, Sachsen, Germany
Are you passionate about tech and space? Do you want to be part of an international team and help shape the future of our planet as well as space? Do you want to elevate the status-quo of the world of satellites?
Morpheus Space is revolutionizing the space industry by enabling dynamic satellite constellations for the first time using the fusion of advanced electric propulsion with artificial intelligence. Our technology helps prevent satellite collisions in space and reduce the ever-growing space debris. At our site in Dresden, Germany, our electric satellite propulsion systems are developed and produced for the global market.
The Autonomous Spaceflight team is realizing the first spacecraft autopilot (real-time on-board autonomous navigation and orbit control) which will offer a new standard for flight dynamics operations.
The functional flight software is in an advanced implementation and testing phase and needs now to be tailored and optimized for the deployment on the autopilot's hardware.
🌟 In this role, you will…
- … provide experience for the design and implementation of embedded software systems according to spacecraft flight software standards
- … write high quality structured bare metal software for space mission critical embedded applications
- … implement interfaces, tasks and threads which allow a seamless integration of the autopilot process into the spacecraft flight software tasks
- … support and improve existing software and build/deploy/upgrade processes for different embedded targets and RTOSs
- … performing software verification, validation and testing and create tools required by validation activties
- ... support the set up and execution of software- and hardware-in-the-loop test campaigns in our guidance, navigation and control (GNC Lab)
- ... create relevant documentation when required
✔️ At Morpheus, we…
- ... offer a variety of tasks with an unlimited working contract in an international and growing space startup
- ... offer responsible tasks in an international fast-growing space startup with exceptional development opportunities
- ... offer flexible working hours and competitive compensation
- … offer flat hierarchies and the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally
- … live the Start-up mentality: from an innovative mindset to joint team events and weekly happy hour
🤝 We should get to know each other if you…
- … have a Master's degree in electrical, aerospace or software engineering or related discipline
- … have 3+ years of experience with embedded software development using C/C++ and communications protocols
- … have experience working with microcontrollers, real-time operating systems and sockets
- … have working knowledge of software development methodologies and embedded software engineering
- … have experience with Linux systems
- ... have fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- ... are a team player
- ... are passionate in solving new problems and developing new technology
- ... are able to work with minimal guidance and instruction
- ... have experience with spacecraft flight software
- ... have with GNSS hardware and software
- ... have knowledge of ECSS standards
If we have piqued your interest and you want to come to office in a good mood from now on, we look forward to receiving your application.
Diversity is very important to us. We look forward to a wide range of applicants (m/f/d).
We are looking forward to meeting you!