Vibration Test Engineer (m/f/d)
Dresden, Sachsen, GermanyProduct Development
Are you passionate about tech and space? Do you want to be part of an international team and help shape the future of our planet as well as space? Do you want to elevate the status-quo of the world of satellites?
Morpheus Space is revolutionizing the space industry by enabling
dynamic satellite constellations for the first time using the fusion of
advanced electric propulsion with artificial intelligence. Our
technology helps prevent satellite collisions in space and reduce the
ever-growing space debris. At our site in Dresden, Germany, our electric
satellite propulsion systems are developed and produced for the global
🛰️ About the role
As a vibration test engineer you will be part of our hardware engineering team and will plan, prepare and perform vibration tests for various propulsion system components. You will closely work with our various product design teams.
🌟 In this role, you will…
- ... perform Vibration and Shock tests on various propulsion components at internal facilities (electrodynamic shaker tables)
- ... do hands-on work including setups of all tests
- ... design test fixtures in SolidWorks for mounting components for the electrodynamic shaker tables
- ... develop/procure new test equipment when necessary
- ... process proving ground data and develop accelerated random vibration profiles for shakers
- ... develop constant amplitude durability test profiles based on raw data collected from proven ground or field data.
- ... conduct part inspections, root cause and report failures
- ... post process test data and make test reports
- ... be involved with general test equipment maintenance and lab expansions
- ... work in close collaboration with technicians, instrumentation and design teams
✔️ At Morpheus, we…
- ... offer a variety of tasks with an unlimited working contract in an international and growing space startup
- ... offer responsible tasks in an international fast-growing space startup with exceptional development opportunities
- ... offer flexible working hours and competitive compensation
- … offer flat hierarchies and the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally
- … live the Start-up mentality: from an innovative mindset to joint team events and weekly happy hour
🤝 We should get to know each other if you…
- ... have a B.Sc/M.Sc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar
- ... have strong mechanical engineering and vibration fundamentals . Experience with vibration durability testing is a plus.
- ... have experience with instrumentation and data logging
- ... have experience with 3D CAD software
- ... have experience in data processing and analysis using nCode GlyphWorks
- ... have experience with durability concepts like rainflow cycle counting, SN curves, and fatigue damage spectrums (FDS) is a plus
- ... have experience in hardware qualification & acceptance tests for aerospace ,more specifically in vibration testing
- ... have proven track record as a hands-on test engineer
- ... are able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- ... have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- ... have strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
If we have piqued your interest and you want to come to office in a
good mood from now on, we look forward to receiving your application!
Diversity is very important to us. We look forward to a wide range of applicants (m/f/d).
We are looking forward to meeting you!